Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Super local front man.

Arlington has some pretty amazing people come out of it, there's no way to know how many.
Dave Grohl went to Thomas Jefferson HS, then Transferred to Bishop Ireton.
"I went to the 9:30 club hundreds of times." Grohl said.

He lived right behind the park I went to every day growing up in my neighbor hood, then he joined the DC punk band 'Scream' then moved to Seattle and joined the band 'Nirvana', ever heard of it? As Kurt died, so died the band.

After a short stint in 'Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers'

He started working on a solo album, which turned into the album 'Foo Fighters' He then drafted 2 new members from 'Sunny Day Real Estate' and his former 'Nirvana' Band mate Pat Smear to round out the band.

After that He formed 'Queens of the Stone Age', and has some other projects most recently 'Them Crooked Vultures' which includes Josh Homme from the queens of the stone age John Paul Jones




"You are not me, Arlandria, Arlandria.
You and what army, Arlandria, Arlandria?
Oh, God you gotta make it stop.

My sweet Virginia, I'm the same as I was in your arm.
My sweet Virginia, I'm the same as I was in your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment